1/11/2010

Examing Blogging Tools From Around the Net

We were asked to do research on blog sites around the net, Im a total n00b when it comes to blogging so I choose the first 3 I came across:

I will talk about the features each Blogging site has to offer:

Blogger


When it comes to blogger it has the following to offer:
  • The ability to upload video. The video will be hosted by Google Video.
  • The ability to update your blog from you cellphone, this includes text and photos.
  • The ability to update your blog via E-mail.
  • Customizable templates and the ability to edit your own HTML.
Overall this was the Blog site I was most impressed with. Slim fast and efficient. Well for me anyways.

WordPress


When it comes to Wordpress the following options are offered:


  • Customizable templates and the ability to edit HTML and CSS.
  • Embed video from places like Youtube and Hulu
  • Have an iPhone? Use the Wordpress iPhone app to update your blog on the go.
  • Follow stats like web traffic to your blog.
Wordpress offers great themes to choose from and is pretty powerful. But in my view do I really need all that to get my points across?? No not really, I might as well make my own website.

TypePad


TypePad offers the following options:

  • Templates to customize, along with custom CSS.
  • Ability to add widgets such as your pictures from Flickr
  • Logged onto Facebook? You can blog from you Facebook.
  • Want your real voice to be heard? Publish your own podcasts.
  • Check your blogs traffic and stats.
TypePad seems more oriented to a younger crowd and would be great for the average joe with a few bucks to spare.

Conclusion
After examining these 3 sites, I ended up choosing blogger (obviously.) Why you might ask. Well TypePad requires money to get any type of blog other than a microblog. Wordpress is a little more advanced than I need. Blogger is in that Goldilocks zone, just right for me.


-Bredy

No comments:

Post a Comment